- A platform’s adoption and popularity can help you assess the health of the job market in your area.
- Experience with ASP.NET, SQL Server, JQuery, Angular, and Visual Studio Team Services will also be expected of Azure Developers.
- Please contact me for more information about this role as well as other opportunities.
- For example, experience can play a big part in wage differences, as demonstrated below.
- If you’re curious, this is how much various cloud professionals make in the US.
And remember, it’s not like you’re limited to the first cloud certification you choose. Getting certified within and across cloud platforms isn’t just a possibility, it may be a requirement at some point as you advance in your cloud computing career. According to Global https://remotemode.net/ Knowledge, some 64% of cloud professionals were cross-certified in 2020, and that number is expected to grow. In today’s rapidly evolving tech landscape, cloud computing has emerged as a game-changer, enabling businesses to scale, innovate, and stay competitive.
How much do similar jobs to Azure Cloud Engineer make?
Azure DevOps Engineers are responsible for automating and streamlining an organization’s software delivery and infrastructure management processes. They use Azure DevOps tools to facilitate continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD), ensuring faster and more reliable software releases.
- The ability to work with cloud technology is one of the most in-demand skill sets in 2021, along with cybersecurity and database management .
- The lack of consensus on average or median salary data is due to reporting differences.
- Here’s how knowledge of specific platforms can influence your cloud engineer average salary.
- They say there’s no such thing as a job for life anymore, and in a fast-changing sector like tech, it’s certainly true that professionals need to keep upskilling throughout their careers to stay up to speed.
- KnowledgeHut reports that an Azure solutions architect can earn up to $164K per year in the U.S., while an Azure DevOps engineer can earn up to $153K yearly.
- Kingson Jebaraj is a highly respected technology professional, recognized as both a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) and an Alibaba Most Valuable Professional.
- Just like traditional architects, it’s a Solution Architect’s job to take specifications from end users and create a solution that meets the requirements given.
This is higher than the American national average and depicts a higher growth rate. Azure DevOps Engineers are responsible for bringing together people, processes, and technologies to deliver and improve first-rate products that meet user needs and business objectives on an on-going basis. That means architecting, https://remotemode.net/become-an-azure-cloud-engineer/ designing, building, and implementing scalable Microsoft Azure solutions, and working across areas like virtual machine environments, storage, and network architecture. As an Azure Developer, you’ll be charged with designing, creating, implementing, and maintaining solutions from technical infrastructure to apps.
Average Total Cash Compensation
In our State of Cloud report, 82% of hiring managers report cloud certs make a candidate more attractive. So you’ve chosen to pursue a career in cloud infrastructure and development. The role of a DevOps Engineer involves extensive expertise, not only covering development and coding with PowerShell, .NET, and C#, but also system deployment and the wider operations. When an organization is ready to take the first step toward a cloud-first approach to their operations, they speak to an Azure Consultant.
- Thus, you can expect an approximate yearly package of $139K, with the base pay ranging from $96K – $137K per month.
- Achieving this Microsoft certification and taking down its dual daunting exams, the AZ-303 and AZ-304, is one of the most challenging feats in cloud certification.
- In our State of Cloud report, 82% of hiring managers report cloud certs make a candidate more attractive.
- Or, you could be working for a Microsoft Partner, providing managed services to their clients and working on a number of different Azure instances or providing support for businesses migrating to the cloud.
Budding Azure Solution Architects should have a good working knowledge of Azure compute, network, storage, and security. IT jobs that can have cloud-related tasks include systems engineer, network engineer, and database administrator. If you’re already in an IT role, keep an eye out for opportunities to grow in these areas. A cloud engineer’s role can look fairly different depending on the company they work for. “My role as a Strategic Cloud Engineer at Google is to help Google Cloud customers to architect and build systems on the Google Cloud Platform,” Ben Miller says of his role.